Thursday, January 08, 2015

Welcome to Ms Rahman




We are very fortunate to have Ms Rahman joining our class for a few months as part of her practice teaching experience as a student-teacher.  Please read her introductory letter below and talk with your child about the origins of his/her name, in preparation for her first project with our class.


Dear Parents/Guardians, 

 My name is Lubna Rahman and I am a Teacher Candidate from York University. I will be in your child’s classroom every Monday and Tuesday starting from January 5th until April 29th. During my placement, I will be observing, planning and implementing a variety of learning activities for the children. I have been working with children of different age groups and look forward to spending time with your children. 

For one of my activities, your child will be collecting information on how they got their name and the story behind it. They will also be asked to reflect upon how they feel about the naming process. If your child’s name does not have a meaning or a story behind it, then they may collect information on their parents/guardians or their grandparent’s name. Your help will be really appreciated. Thank you for your co-operation. 

 Best Regards, 

 Lubna Rahman.

No comments:

Post a Comment